The ASCSU March 2021 plenary convened virtually March 18-19, 2021. The plenary agenda is attached to this report.
The following information is a brief overview of the plenary.
Faculty Trustee Nominees
The following CSU faculty will be presented to the Governor as Faculty Trustee Nominees:
- Senator Romney Sablius
- Senator Darlene Yee-Melichar
- Dr. Fred E. Wood, Interim Executive Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs
- Dr. Joseph I. Castro, Chancellor
- Lateefa Simon, CSUMB Board Trustee
- Alondra Esquivel Garcia, CSSA Liaison
- Charles Toombs, CFA President
General Education Advisory Committee (GEAC)
- The mechatronics program proposal submitted by the CSUMB was presented and supported by the committee.
- CSU Applications for Fall 22-23 will not require ACT/SAT scores for admission.
- The CSU has not made a final decision ACT/SAT use beyond the immediate crisis-period.
- The UC will continue its practice of not using ACT/SAT. The UC has not established specific long term plans for ACT/SAT use for admissions.
- AS-3472-20/EX In Memoriam: Deborah Hennessey, Academic Senate CSU Director, 1981 – 2003 Approved by Acclamation
- AS-3457-20/APEP Endorsement and Adoption of General Education B4 Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning Course Guidelines and Principles Approved
- AS-3469-21/FA Call for a Moratorium on Algorithmic Image Analyses Technologies in the CSU Approved
- AS-3456-20/FA Faculty Emeritus/emerita Status, Revocation and Appeal. Approved
- AS-3474-21/AA Use of Remote Proctoring Software for Assessment Approved
- AS-3475-21/FA Ensuring Safe Campus Repopulation Approved Unanimously
- AS-3476-21/FGA 2021 Legislative Advocacy Positions of the Academic Senate of the California State University (ASCSU) Approved
- AS-3477-21/FA Addressing Burnout Within the CSU Community Approved
For additional information or questions, please contact Ryne Leuzinger or Vanessa Lopez-Littleton.